Here’s a shameless presentation of my current home office setup:
What’s on the table?
- Mac Book Pro 13′ (Private Device)
- Dell Latitude E5570 (Company Device)
- Dell U3415W 34′ Wide Screen
- Unnamed 10′ touch screen, borrowed from my current customer & required for my actual work
- Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse
- Microsoft LifeCam Cinema
- Jabra wireless headset
- Leuchtturm 1917 Bullet Journal notebook
Both laptops are connected to the wide screen display. By switching the input channel on the display, the screen as well as the keyboard and mouse move to the selected device. Since I only have one display interface on the Dell Latitude, I cannot simultaneously operate the wide screen display and the touch screen. Therefore I have to switch the HDMI cables on the back of the laptop.
The Microsoft LifeCam will be replaced by a Logitech C930e Business Webcam in the near feature. There are 2 reasons for this change:
- Even though the LifeCam is a Microsoft product, it has only very basic support for MS Teams. The Logitech model has a certification for MS Teams.
- The Logitech Business Webcam has an own tripod mount, a feature that may come in handy when doing life webinars (see this YouTube video for reference).
How does your home office look like? Let me know in the comments below!